Volunteer opportunities exist in many areas at the Food Bank, including repacking bulk foods in the warehouse, packing boxes for our programs, office tasks, sorting product, stocking shelves, etc. Our goal is to provide a meaningful work experience and increase our human resource and service capability through volunteer involvement.
Most volunteer opportunities are available during regular weekday hours. Please call ahead to check on the current volunteer schedule. Organizations and groups may occasionally schedule an evening or Saturday for volunteering. Please call at least two weeks in advance to schedule or arrange this with the food bank if the group cannot work during regular hours of operation.
Auburn University Students are welcome to volunteer at the food bank as part of their service learning. Please click on the following link for more information: AU-Student-volunteer-information-fall-2014
We welcome court appointed volunteers. Please make arrangements with Crystal Fuller at email@example.com prior to volunteering.
To schedule a time to volunteer or to ask questions about volunteer opportunities, contact: Michelle Held by email at firstname.lastname@example.org Be sure to include the days you can volunteer and if you need to report hours for school or organization. Our volunteer hours are listed below.
Regular Volunteer Hours:
Monday – Thursday, 7:00 a.m. –noon; 1:00 to 3:00 p.m.
Friday 7:00 a.m. – 12 noon
Location: 375 Industry Drive, Auburn, AL
- Please plan on volunteering a minimum of two hours at a time.
- Plan to arrive five minutes before your scheduled volunteer time.
- Upon arrival, please check-in at the front desk to sign in.
- Closed toe shoes are required in the warehouse; no open toe shoes will be allowed.
- No tank tops or revealing clothing
- Volunteers must be at least 16 years old and physically able.