Volunteer opportunities exist in many areas at the Food Bank, including repacking bulk foods in the warehouse, packing boxes for our programs, office tasks, sorting product, stocking shelves, etc. Our goal is to provide a meaningful work experience and increase our human resource and service capability through volunteer involvement.
Most volunteer opportunities are available during regular weekday hours (Monday-Friday 7am-12pm and Monday-Thursday 1pm-3pm). Please check our volunteer calendar by clicking the link: http://www.signupgenius.com/go/20f0b44aba62da0fd0-food . Organizations and groups may occasionally schedule an evening or Saturday for volunteering. Please email Michelle Held in advance to schedule or arrange this with the food bank if the group cannot work during regular hours of operation.
Auburn University Student? Auburn University Students are welcome to volunteer at the food bank as part of their service learning. Please click on the following link for more information: http://wp.auburn.edu/involve/impact/overview/
Community Market? If you are interested in volunteering at Community Market, you will need to contact them at (334)749-8844 and ask for Elsie Lott.
Need to fulfill Court-Ordered Community Service? We welcome court appointed volunteers. Please make arrangements with Crystal Fuller at email@example.com prior to volunteering. Court-Ordered Community Service Hours must be scheduled with Crystal or a food bank staff.
Just Wanting to Volunteer? If you are looking to schedule a time to volunteer , click the SignUp Genius link to schedule your hours. COURT-ORDERED or UNIVERSITY DISCIPLINARY ORDERED COMMUNITY SERVICE WILL NEED TO SET-UP YOUR TIME WITH CRYSTAL FULLER, YOU MAY NOT USE THE ONLINE SIGN-UP!
Please note, you will need to provide your email and cell phone number before sign-up. http://www.signupgenius.com/go/20F0B44ABA62DA0FD0-food
If you would like to bring a group larger than the amount of slots available, you must contact: Michelle Held by email at firstname.lastname@example.org Our volunteer hours are listed below.
Regular Volunteer Hours:
Monday – Thursday, 7:00 a.m. –noon; 1:00 to 3:00 p.m.
Friday 7:00 a.m. – 12 noon
Location: 375 Industry Drive, Auburn, AL
During Your Volunteer Time:
- Please plan on volunteering a minimum of two hours at a time.
- Plan to arrive five minutes before your scheduled volunteer time.
- Upon arrival, please check-in at the front desk to sign in.
- Volunteers must be 16 years or older to signup online. (If you would like to bring someone to volunteer that is under 16, prior approval from Michelle must be arranged.)
- Closed toed shoes are REQUIRED! No Flip-flops or sandals
- No revealing, tight yoga clothing or sagging pants permitted! NO TANK TOPS & SHORTS MUST MEET THE FINGERTIP RULE (when arms are down at side, short length must be at the same level as your fingertips!!) If you report to the food bank and your attire does not meet our rules, you may be asked to leave!
- No cell phone use while in the warehouse! This is time to give back, not social media time
- No eating or drinking while in warehouse! We will provide opportunities for breaks
- The warehouse is Alabama-climate controlled so it gets quite hot in the summer and cool in the winter months. Dress accordingly and please follow our warehouse dress code rules.