Volunteer opportunities exist in many areas at the Food Bank, including repacking bulk foods in the warehouse, packing boxes for our programs, office tasks, sorting product, stocking shelves, etc. Our goal is to provide a meaningful work experience and increase our human resource and service capability through volunteer involvement.
Most volunteer opportunities are available during regular weekday hours. Please call ahead to check on the current volunteer schedule. Organizations and groups may occasionally schedule an evening or Saturday for volunteering. Please call at least two weeks in advance to schedule or arrange this with the food bank if the group cannot work during regular hours of operation.
Auburn University Students are welcome to volunteer at the food bank as part of their service learning. Please click on the following link for more information: AU Student volunteer information spring 2014.
We welcome court appointed volunteers. Please call and make arrangements with the Operations Manager prior to volunteering.
To schedule a time to volunteer or to ask questions about volunteer opportunities, contact:
Renee Maurer at (334) 821-9006 or by email at email@example.com
Regular Volunteer Hours:
Monday – Thursday, 7:00 a.m. –noon; 1:00 to 3:00 p.m.
Friday 7:00 a.m. – 12 noon
Location: 375 Industry Drive, Auburn, AL
- Please plan on volunteering a minimum of two hours at a time.
- Plan to arrive five minutes before your scheduled volunteer time.
- Upon arrival, please check-in at the front desk to sign in.
- Closed toe shoes are required in the warehouse; no open toe shoes will be allowed.
- Volunteers must be at least 16 years old and physically able.