AUBURN-ALABAMA FOOD FIGHT
Beat ‘Bama Food Drive
It is once again time for the annual Auburn-Alabama “Food Fight”. For the past twenty-one years, Auburn University and the University of Alabama have competed with each other prior to the football game to see who could raise the most food for their local food bank. This has grown from a relatively small-scale event to become one of the largest food drives in the State! Last year, Alabama took home the trophy with an amazing amount of donated food – 300,049 pounds to Auburn’s 198,041 pounds.
This year’s competition runs from October 5th through November 20th and it promises to be fierce. We must win big in order to bring the trophy back the Plains, and rumor has it that Tuscaloosa already has plans in place to prevent this from happening! Results will be announced at the Auburn-Alabama game.
Many public schools host food drives and many of the local grocery stores help to facilitate donations of food by allowing the Food Bank to place barrels in the store lobby during the food drive.
WHERE CAN I DROP OFF DONATIONS?
Locations of collection barrels:
- Walmart Supercenter, Auburn
- Walmart Supercenter, Opelika
- Winn-Dixie on Fox Run Parkway, Opelika
- Winn-Dixie on S. College Street, Auburn
- Kroger, Tiger Town in Opelika
- Kroger, Auburn
- Earth Fare, Auburn
- Four Seasons Credit Union, 2915 Pepperell Parkway, Opelika
- Four Seasons Credit Union, 2300 Marvyn Parkway, Opelika
- Sam’s Club, Auburn
- Alumni Center, S. College Street in Auburn
- Food Bank of East Alabama, Auburn
- Community Market, Opelika
- OLLI, Clarion Hotel in Auburn, upper lobby
- Numerous locations on Auburn University campus
HOW CAN I DONATE ONLINE?
Just click here and you will be re-directed to our donate page!
Thanks to all who supported the 23rd Annual
“Stamp Out Hunger” food drive!
Donations from postal customers in Auburn, Opelika, Tuskegee, Dadeville, Waverly, and Lee County totaled 28,146 pounds of food—the equivalent of 21,651 meals for people in need.