Apply for Food Bank Membership
Member agencies are the foot soldiers in our battle to end hunger in our community. Member agencies come to the food bank to select food and supplies they need to serve their clients. Our member agencies are located throughout East Central Alabama and include food pantries, shelters, soup kitchens, drug and alcohol treatment centers, community services organizations, and child and adult day care centers. More than 170 agencies receive food from the Food Bank and each organization has access to the Food Bank’s inventory, programs, technical assistance and materials.
Agency Qualifications for Prospective Members
To participate in the Food Bank of East Alabama, all member agencies must:
- Be a recognized church or a tax-exempt non-profit 501(c)(3) charity
- Be an agency that serves the needy or other special needs group.
- Distribute food directly to its clients in the form of meals or snacks or food distribution for emergency use.
- May NOT charge clients for food received or meals served.
- Provide adequate, clean food storage.
- Maintain all records as required by the Food Bank.
- Support the Food Bank by participating in the shared maintenance fee for food received from the Food Bank
- Give Civil Rights Assurances to clients served.
For information on how to become a member agency of the Food Bank of East Alabama, please contact Barbara Beck, Agency Coordinator, at: 334-821-9006 or by e-mail at email@example.com.
Steps to Becoming an Agency
- Call for a pre-application packet 334- 821-9006
- Mail the completed pre-application to the Food Bank
- An application will be mailed to you upon receipt of your completed pre-application
- Complete the application and return it to the Food Bank
- Food Bank staff will schedule an initial site visit
- Your agency’s application is presented to the Board of Directors for approval as a member agency
- Agency shoppers attend an agency orientation before becoming authorized to shop